Background & BEE
The first Blueprint company was founded in 1996 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Prior to that, the company had traded as a small firm, offering consulting services primarily to multi-national and major South African firms in the industrial arena. Blueprint expanded the range of skills within the firm and, over time, the group grew to encompass the following firms:
- Blueprint Cape, based in Cape Town, Western Cape Province, South Africa
- Blueprint KZN, based in La Lucia, Kwa-Zulu Natal Province, South Africa
- Blueprint International, based in Pretoria, Gauteng Province, South Africa
- Blueprint Mpumalanga, based in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa
- Blueprint Limpopo, based in Polokwane, Limpopo Province, South Africa
- Blueprint Strategy and Policy, based in Sandton, Gauteng Province, South Africa
In 2006, having steadily increased its work in the SADC and East and West Africa from 2000, the Blueprint Group consolidated into one company, Blueprint Holdings, and divisionalised regionally.
The companies above became regional divisions and represent Blueprint’s South African footprint with additional offices now in Pietermaritzburg and in George. A new division of Blueprint Holdings focuses on development consulting in all African countries. The main focus of this division is in the countries of southern, western and eastern Africa, including the Indian Ocean islands.
Our primary clients are government and government agencies (national and sub-national), donor and development agencies, regional bodies, community organizations, private sector and business membership organizations.
Blueprint has an excellent SADC reach through strong presences in Botswana, Mozambique, Zambia, Namibia, Mauritius and Madagascar as well as the BLSN states and wherever possible makes use of in country nationals to undertake essential work within the home country.
Blueprint holds a current Level One Contributor BBBEE audited certificate.